What is a natural treatment for migraine headaches? Chiropractic adjustments can be an effective natural treatment for migraine headaches to help ease pain and pressure. When severe headaches are caused by spinal misalignments that irritate nerves that travel to the head and face, chiropractic care will provide the pain relief you need to be able to focus and get on with your day.
When you visit our chiropractic clinic, we will create a customized plan to help treat your migraine headache symptoms and get the relief you deserve.
In terms of pain, migraine symptoms can range from a dull ache at the base of your skull or behind your eyes to an intense throbbing pain that seems to envelop your entire head.
At times, the pain induced by a migraine can be completely debilitating, and the frequency of symptoms can range from every few days to a few times per year, depending on the individual.
Some of the other common symptoms of migraines include:
- Strong sensitivity to light, noise or specific smells
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Dizziness or general loss of equilibrium
- Nausea and vomiting
- Feeling overheated or cold
For most people, a migraine lasts only a few hours but they can last for days in extreme cases. Natural pain relief like chiropractic treatment can help relieve some types of migraine pain by targeting the underlying cause of the pain and not just the pain itself.
When you use pharmaceuticals to cover up the pain, the true cause isn’t being addressed and the problem will never completely disappear. Drugs are always just a temporary fix, but if you want lasting relief it’s important to get to the root cause and fix whatever is causing that pain symptom.
What Causes Migraine Headaches?
Migraine headaches can have several different causes and it can be challenging to pinpoint which one or group of causes is responsible for yours. If you are unsure what may be causing your migraine attacks, here are some of the most common causes:
- High stress levels – these could be from work, relationships or something else
- Certain types of food or drink – cheese, meats, spicy foods, nuts and others depending on the individual
- Food additives – nitrates, MSG and other additives have been known to cause migraines
- Caffeine – drinking too much coffee
- Changes in the weather or barometric pressure
- Changes in your sleep patterns
- Exposure to bright or flashing lights
- Skipping meals or not eating enough
- Being at a specific stage of your menstrual cycle
If you have been looking for an all-natural solution for your migraine headaches in Oklahoma City, Edmond or any nearby area call us today at 405-286-0322 to schedule an appointment. We will make a point of uncovering the root cause of your pain and finding a solution that offers long-term relief.